Thursday, November 13, 2008

presentations

I thought that the presentations where really intersting today. It was a new way to learn the subject matter we have been studying, and even though the assignments got mixed up, I almost thought that our presentations where more interesting because of the connections between them and we all did a good job not saying the exact same things. We had different aspects of the topic, which made it even more interesting.
I really liked how the presentations broke up the class schedule and gave a new voice to the things we are learning, like the Chesnutt lessons! Not that I have any problem with Prof. Campbell's teaching, I actually find it more interesting than most.
I actually think Jack London is a great author and I love his work, sad, but good. So it was interesting to me to learn about Jack London not only in my own research but in his background and some of the things he did in his life.
I am excited for more presentations.

1 comment:

D. Campbell said...

I thought they were really interesting, too, Samantha, and the subjects that everyone chose to discuss worked out even better than the originals, I think. The presentations did converge in an interesting way, and the enthusiasm that you all shared about your subjects was contagious.