Thursday, October 23, 2008

visit to the MASC

Today, we visited the MASC and I became really excited about looking at older works and studying the works in their original form and seeing original things on those works. I am really interested in religious studies in general. I like to see how people react to different religions at different times and what I can look at in this class for the next paper will help me research more into those topics. Everything we have read so far either seems to address religion or is influenced by the authors religious feelings. Finally getting to look deeper into that religious influence and see if it accepted at the times, if it is mainstream, and if it has a negative effect on the authors writing. I need to find a specific topic to focus on for the paper, and still need to decide which works I am going to use and such, but I am finally really excited by a paper and have gotten a lot of ideas!

1 comment:

D. Campbell said...

Samantha, I'm really happy to hear you say this and am looking forward to what you'll write about with these original sources.